Sunday, October 20, 2013

Post Disclosure: Do NOT view if you don't want to see gross pictures of my foot

So Thursday morning wasn't a typical morning-I won't go into details-so I was walking down a few steps to the van carrying Hank, when I missed a step and fell.  Hank was fine.  I said 'trent I think I broke my foot!' he said 'you just need to walk on it'  I got to work and about 30 minutes later it looked like this-pay close attention to the ankle region.


 
So the school psych drove me to Duke Urgent Care clinic.  After X-rays I was told there was NOT a break, but a severe sprain :) SUPER I said

She gave me 2 choices.  A splint with crutches or a boot.  I went for the ....


It's a good look I've decided.  Gus' teacher said that it looks like it should make a robotic noise when I take a step.

Did I mention that I went back to work when I was told not to ?  I should have listened...

So Day 2 looked like this:
Again I went back to work because I had an observation

Day 3:
Today:
MUCH better today!  Never in nearly 32 years of being alive and playing all kinds of sports have I ever experienced anything like this.



9 comments:

  1. Geez Louise. Good job on the recap. I find it hard to believe nothing was broken. That first picture is disturbing! The boot is a good look. SO GLAD your foot is getting better. And I'm triply glad you made the wise decision to document this. You should link it to your fb. People need to know about harrowing foot injuries.

    We got back from Greece yesterday. It was an awesome trip. I put some pix on the blog and on fb. Now I have a couple of days to do some work, but do I really want to work? Or should I just read all day?

    My first course of action is to take a walk after I eat some cornflakes. Then I have to do a ton of wash in the sink because we leave for Istanbul on Sunday. I wish we had a washer and dryer.

    Peter just walked by and I showed him your foot pix. He said, "That's horrible. That's the kind of blog entry you love." He's right. Did you read I have a ganglion cyst on my foot. Peter says he will whack it with a book any time I want. But I'm holding off.

    The editor hasn't written me back yet and it's been over 2 weeks so I'm kind of nervous about that, but I'll be fine. I'm really working on having a calm attitude these days. It's not too hard when you don't work and you don't interact with other humans. And you get to travel to Greece for a week.

    Really miss you and love you a lot. Hugs to Trentster and my cute boys, Gus and Hank Heffernan

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're going to need some Halloween pix. ASAP.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG Erin,

    That is so horrible...so glad you are doing better! Love the pics though. I face planted in my garage yesterday, nothing like that though! Just bruises and stiff muscles. I'm with Lee, you need to put some Halloween pics on here too. Glad things are going well for you guys, miss you! Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was writing a new comment and then I decided to delete it for reasons I'll tell you later and then I deleted the wrong comment. Tra la la!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kiddo. I loved the pic of Mr. Gus you texted. Miss you dears. Any Thanksgiving plans????

    ReplyDelete
  7. One more day of work, Ritchey! You can do it! Remember...do your best, forget the rest!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sometimes I like to come over here and just leave you a comment. Just so you know I'm thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Today I'm going to work at a coffee shop on campus, then have lunch with Peter. Writing's only getting about a 2 on the fist of 5 right now. Wish me luck today, Erin Ritchey.

    ReplyDelete