Monday, January 6, 2014

Back on the Blog!



So I've been a crummy friend and not kept you in the loop at all.  Please forgive me!  My new plan is to post every Friday evening to recap the week's events.  I'll TRY much harder to keep to this because I think about you all the time which reminds me that I've not kept up with this :(

So here's what's been going on....

Hank Heffernan from High Street is a wild and crazy man these days (more than usual).  Above he's working on a cupcake from Sugarland NOT GiGi's Cupcakes.  So when my mom and grandma came down in October we discovered GiGi Cupcakes downtown Chapel Hill.  These are the BEST cupcakes in the world!  My favorite is their 'wedding cake' flavor.  So my mom is obsessed with these cupcakes and refers to them EVERY TIME we talk on the phone.  She wants to hear Hank say 'GiGi Cupcake,' which he does.  So on my birthday we went to my fav lunch place then headed to get cupcakes for my birthday.  They were closed!  Upset doesn't even begin to describe how I felt.  I told Trent that it was his fault and pouted...we headed towards our usual play spot for the boys to run around and throw the football, when we walked past Sugarland.  Now this place is cute but I didn't care for what I got at all.  You can see from the picture Hank didn't care as long as he got a cupcake.  As soon as we walked in he started saying 'GiGi cupcake' over and over.  I was embarrassed, but still thought it was cute.  Gus enjoyed and bottle of root beer and Trent said that he like it better than GiGi's.  I vowed NEVER to go back.

The last 3 days Hank has been going around on all fours and meowing.  When we ask him if he's a cat, he just meows.  I'm growing concerned about this and am worried he's got some personality/ identity issues- THOUGHTS?????
He really is super fun!  He's so inquisitive!  He now gets into the 'junk' drawer in the kitchen, fishes out a coin, goes to the candy machine we have that was Trent's grandpas, puts the coin in and turns it to get the candy out!  He's always learning or figuring out new things.  It's just a really fun time with him right now!

Gus was majorly bummed to have to go back to school today.  Trent said that he heard him in his sleep say something about school.  Last night when I tried to get him to go down at a decent time, he said I told him that tomorrow was Sunday.  I tried explaining that today was Sunday.  He buried himself in blankets and pillows on his bed and refused to talk to me.  So this morning I thought I would be in for a fight, but he actually seemed happy to go back.  He got student of the month for his class, so we're very proud of him!  We've been discussing other sports and social activities with him to get him out and about more.  Trent leans towards the sports and I'm trying to find something more...Chapel Hill park and rec offers STEM and lego camps/workshops, but Trent doesn't seem too enthused about that.  He still has the neighborhood boys that come over and play.  Since the weather has been a little cooler, they've tended to stay here.  I don't mind really until they get rowdy when I'm trying to get Hank or myself down for a nap :)

Trent's current gig ends in 2 weeks.  He's had a few options for his next.  They are 1) 2 1/2 hr drive from here and another pharmaceutical company which entails him staying there for the week then drive home on weekends 2) a pharmaceutical co in Maryland that begins and he end of this month and lasts until the end of August but the $$$$$$ is stellar and he could fly home on weekends or 3) Lincoln Nebraska and fly home on weekends.   These choices SUCK as far as I'm concerned.  So I am hoping a 4th option comes up ASAP!!!

I'm doing well...I didn't check school email all of break!  It was nice, but I feel I'm going to really pay for it the next few weeks :/  I love my kiddos and was glad to see them today!  NC is beginning their version of IREAD-3 this year so there is a LOT of pressure on kiddos and retention.  Our principal got a grant for a 3 hr Saturday school beginning in Feb for kiddos to have additional practice reading.  I'm not sure how all this is going to pan out.....this all makes me anxious for Gus and making sure he's prepared.  It's too much pressure for kiddos.

I've been working out regularly for 6 weeks now (mostly to get time to myself at night.) Not really seeing results but I'm also not sure what I'm doing really so oh well I guess.

I'm sure you've heard about the weather---we have a 2 hr delay in the morning because it's suppose to be 9 degrees with a high of 28!  We moved to get away from this weather!  The rest of the week is high 40s-mid 50s...I'll gladly take the delay although DPS policy is for teachers to be at work on time.  Fortunately my principal said we could take the 2 hrs :) My plan is to get up as usual then work on paperwork while the boys are sleeping.  We'll see if I really follow this brilliant plan.

Again, my goal is to blog at least every Friday, so you'll hear from me again then!  Miss and love you!

4 comments:

  1. Hoorah! You are awesome! I love all your stories. I was feeling a little distracted today so this is a treat. I love that Hank was talking about the competitor's cupcakes in the Sugarland shop. Hilarious. And I'm proud of Gus for student of the month. Gus rocks.
    Yay for you exercising. I've been talking walks and slogs. Don't notice any results either, but it's good for us, correct? Keep me posted about Trent's situation. My dad was only home on weekends my whole childhood. He traveled Monday through Friday. I don't know how my mom dealt with it, with 7 kids. But the good news was that my dad was always in a super mood on the weekends.

    Everything is going well here. I worry sometimes about where I'll work next year, but there's not much I can do about it. I sent an article to a journal and am still working on the book proposal. The editor wants another revision. I'm so relieved that she's not rejecting me outright that I'm actually not disappointed at all. Gotta get moving on it though and today I was a procrastinator, not going to lie.

    I like your Friday goal. Just a line or 2 or a pic of your boys, or you. That's all I ask! Sounds like you're liking your job. I'm so happy about that. Give everybody a smooch for me, dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Gi Gi cupcake kid......gotta love it ! Pround of you too Gus ! Great work for student of the month ! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erin, this blog is great!!! I am so glad you sent me the link. Just as Dr. H said, keep us posted on Trent's job. I am thinking about you all (as I always do) and I know it will all work out. I love hearing about the boys!! And keep up with the workouts! It will show results in time. :)
    Love to you all!
    Walker

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, Walker, I don't believe you've ever commented on MY blog, so you have some explaining to do.

    Ritchey, Walker is correct. this blog is great!

    ReplyDelete